We want to keep your data safe
In this policy, we cover what data we collect and why, how your data is handled, and your rights to your data. We promise we will never sell your data.
This policy applies to all services provided by Tristan Jud
What we collect and why
Our guiding principle is to collect only what we need. Here is what that means in practice.
Identity & access
When you have your initial conversation with a TJM staff member, you will be asked for identifying information such as your name, email address, and company name, along with additional essential information. This is used to personalise TJM’s advice, products, and services towards your needs. We will not sell your personal information to third parties, nor will we use your name or company in marketing statements without your permission.
When you pay for TJM’s products and services, we ask for your credit card details and billing address in order to charge you services and send you invoices. Your credit card details are passed directly to our payment processor. We store a record of the payment transaction, including the last 4 digits of the credit card number and billing address for account history, invoicing, and billing support. We store your billing address to calculate any sales tax required, to detect fraudulent credit card transactions, and to print on your invoices.
When you browse our website, your browser automatically shares certain information such as which operating system and browser version you are using. We track that information, along with the pages you are visiting, page load timing, and which website referred you for statistical purposes like conversion rates and to test new designs. We sometimes track your interactions with specific site elements to help inform design decisions. This web analytics data is tied to your IP address.
Cookies and Do Not Track
We do use persistent first-party cookies to store certain preferences and support analytics. A cookie is a piece of text stored by your browser to help it remember your login information, site preferences, and more. You can adjust cookie retention settings in your own browser. Click here to learn more about cookies, including how to see which cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them.
At this time, our website does not respond to Do Not Track beacons sent by browser plugins.
When you email TJM with a question or to ask for help, we keep that correspondence, including the email address, so that we have a history of past correspondences to reference if you reach out in the future.
We also store any information you volunteer, like surveys. Sometimes when we do customer interviews, we may ask for your permission to record the conversation for future reference or use. We only do so if you give your consent.
Information we do not collect
We do not collect any characteristics of protected classifications including age, race, religion or sexual orientation. You may provide this data voluntarily, such as if you include a pronoun preference in your email signature when writing into our Support team.
When we access or share your information
Our default practice is to not access your information. The only times we will ever access or share your information are:
To provide products or services you have requested. We do use some third-party services to run our applications and only to the extent necessary, process some or all your personal information via these third parties. Having subprocesses means we are using technology to access your data. No TJM employee looks at your data for these purposes.
When required under applicable law. If the appropriate law enforcement authorities have the necessary warrant, criminal subpoena, or court order requiring we share data, we must comply. Otherwise, we reject requests from local and federal law enforcement when they seek data. And unless we are legally prevented from it, we will always inform you when such requests are made.
Your Rights with Respect to Your Information
At TJM, we apply the same data rights to all customers, regardless of their location. You may request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
TJM recognises that you have the following rights:
- Right of Access – This includes your right to access the personal information we gather about you, and your right to obtain information about the sharing, storage, security, and processing of that information.
- Right to Correction – You have the right to request correction of your personal information.
- Right to Erasure / “To Be Forgotten” – This is your right to request, subject to certain limitations under applicable law, that your personal information be erased from our possession and, by extension, all our service providers. Fulfilment of some data deletion requests may prevent you from using TJM services because our applications may then no longer work. In such cases, a data deletion request may result in closing your account.
- Right to Complain – You have the right to make a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- Right to Restrict Processing – This is your right to request restriction of how and why your personal information is used or processed, including opting out of sale of personal information (as mentioned above, TJM does not do this).
- Right to Object – You have the right, in certain situations, to object to how or why your personal information is processed.
- Right to Portability – You have the right to receive the personal information we have about you and the right to transmit it to another party.
- Right to not be subject to Automated Decision-Making – You have the right to object and prevent any decision that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes. This right is limited, however, if the decision is necessary for performance of any contract between you and us, is allowed by applicable law, or is based on your explicit consent.
- Right to Non-Discrimination – We do not and will not charge you a different amount to use our products and services, offer you different discounts, or give you a lower level of customer service because you have exercised your data privacy rights.
How we secure your data
All data is encrypted via SSL/TLS when transmitted from our servers to your browser. The database backups are also encrypted. Most data are not encrypted while they live in our database, but we go to great lengths to secure your data at rest.
Location of Site and Data
Our products and other web properties are operated in Australia. If you are located outside of Australia, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to Australia. By using our Site, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.